- M. B., B.Ch., (Excellence with honors)
Faculty of medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (December 1992).
- M.Sc. DEGREE IN ANESTHESIA & INTENSIVE CARE
Faculty of medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. (November 1996).
- M.D. ANESTHESIA & INTENSIVE CARE
Faculty of medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (November 2001).
- EUROPEAN DIPLOMA IN ANESTHESIA AND INTENSIVE CARE
- Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia course of Thomas Cook Hospital England 2010.
- Pain Management Course of Ausculap Academy, Kalkotta city, India, March 2013.
- Observership Program of Anesthesia & Pain Management, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, October 2013.
- Attendance of many courses about
– The recent advances in education.
– Scientific research planning.
– Application of technology in education.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Management – March 2007 to May 2014
Lecturer of Anesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Management – January 2002 to March 2007
Assistant Lecturer of Anesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Management Demonstrator of Anesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Management – July 1997 to November 1997
Full Time Resident of Anesthesia, Intensive Care & Pain Management – May 1994 to July 1997
Internship – March 1993 to March 1994
Full time resident, demonstrator, assistant lecturer, lecturer, assistant professor and professor in the following Departments:
– Anesthesia for Cardiothoracic Surgery.
– Anesthesia for General Surgery.
– Anesthesia for Pediatric Surgery.
– Anesthesia for Obstetric and Gynecological Surgery.
– Anesthesia for Neurosurgery.
– Anesthesia for Otorhinolaryngologic Surgery.
– Anesthesia for Ophthalmology.
– Anesthesia for Orthopedic Surgery.
– Anesthesia for Plastic Surgery & Burn.
– Intensive Care dealing with different types of patients including:
Respiratory failure patients.
Morbidly obese patients.
Multisystem failure patients.
Postoperative care of surgical patients.
– Pain Management for both acute and chronic pain including back, neck and cancer pain.
Cleopatra Specialized Hospitals July 1998 to present
As a consultant of Anesthesia and Pain Management
Nasser Institute of the Egyptian Ministry of Health (Gamma Knife center) March 2001 to present
As a consultant of Anesthesia
Al-Saudi Hospital, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia July 1999 to July 2001
As a specialist in Anesthesia and Intensive Care Department
- Very good teaching experience for:
– Medical students.
– Junior house officers.
– Assistant lecturers.
- Teaching courses in Clinical Nutrition in the American University of Cairo
- Author of “Spotlights on Anesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy” (Learn more)
- Offering online courses (Learn more)
- Essay on Peri-operative Cardiac Protection in Ischemic Heart Disease in Non-cardiac Surgery (M.Sc. degree).
- Thesis on Combined Cervical Epidural Anesthesia with Light General Anesthesia in Morbid Obese Patients for Upper Abdominal Operations (M.D. degree).
- 18 Researches in Anesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Management published in Egyptian Anesthesia Journal and Anesthesia Department Ain Shams University Journal.
- Spotlights on Anesthesia, 1st edition:
This book deals with science of anesthesia, intensive care, and pain management for postgraduates (1349 pages), published in 2005.
- Flashlights on Anesthesia, 1st edition:
This review book deals with science of anesthesia, intensive care, and pain management for undergraduates (720 pages), published in 2006.
- Physics and Monitoring for Anesthesia and Intensive Care, 1st edition:
This book deals with science of physics and monitoring for anesthesia and intensive care for postgraduates (340 pages), published in 2006.
- Spotlights on Anesthesia, Intensive Care, and Pain Therapy, 2nd edition:
This book deals with the science of anesthesia, intensive care, and pain management for postgraduates (2200 fully colored pages in 3 volumes with hard cover), published in 2011. The book contains more than 1650 figures of real cases as well as three-dimensional images and tables.
This book was presented in the main exhibit of American Society of Anesthesia, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2011.
The book has sold more than 3000 copies in Egypt and worldwide up till now.
- Supervision of scientific researches (more than 20 master degree essays and 10 MD degree thesis).
- Attendee and speaker of many Anesthesia and Intensive Care Conferences as the Annual Egyptian Society of Anesthesia and Intensive Care and Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Conferences.
- Attendee of the World Federation Congress in Cape town, South Africa, 2008.
- Attendee of the European Society of Anesthesia (ESA), Intensive Care and Pain Therapy Conferences in Milano, Italy 2009, Amsterdam, Holland 2011, Stockholm, Sweden 2013 and Geneva, Switzerland 2017.
- Attendee of the American Society of Anesthesia (ASA), Intensive Care, and Pain Therapy Conferences in USA, San Diego 2010, Chicago 2011, Washington 2012, Boston 2017.
- Speaker and attendee of the International conference on recent advances in pain, ICRA-PAIN, Kolkata India, 2015.
- Speaker and attendee of the Indonesia Pain Forum, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2016
- Founder of Pain-free Clinic, established in 2008